• From Baltimore / Annapolis •
There are two options when driving to Mattaponi Springs from Baltimore or points east of Washington DC. One is to drive south on Interstate 95 around the DC beltway (see Washington DC / Northern Virginia directions).
The I-97 / Route 301alternate has become an "unofficial DC bypass" for travelers trying to avoid Interstate 95. Interstate-97 leaves BWI airport just south of Baltimore. I-97 joins with Route 301 in Annapolis. Route 301 then goes south, crosses the Potomac River at the Nice Bridge into Virginia, and reconnects with Interstate 95 at Carmel Church (Exit 104) just north of Richmond. The road varies from four lanes to six lanes and is 90% free of traffic lights and intersections. Mattaponi Springs is located just a few miles north of Exit 104 off of Route 301 and is an easy, traffic free drive from Southern Maryland and Prince Georges County.
· I-97 South to Annapolis
· In Annapolis, take Route 301 South
· Follow Route 301 South across the Nice Bridge into Virginia
· Continue on 301 South to Bowling Green
· Exit off highway to continue on Route 301 / 2 South
· Go 8 miles South on Route 301/2 past the Pineview Market
· Take next right onto Route 601
· Go 1.7 miles to Mattaponi Springs entrance on the left